We provide free backstage tours to all visitors, so you get to meet our animals and see our keepers at work. You do not need to set an appointment – just stop by during our open hours! Here are some important guidelines to make sure your visit is awesome:
- Wear close-toed shoes! This will allow you to visit all areas of our facility that are open to the public. If you wear flip flops or sandals, our staff may not be able to permit you in some areas.
- Leave food and drinks in the car. This includes treats for the animals. We keep all of our animals on a strict diet so they are happy and healthy. There may be opportunities for you to observe a feeding or even give one of our animals a treat provided by our keepers, depending on the time of your visit. If you have food to donate, please alert a keeper at the beginning of your visit.
- Call ahead if you want to meet Jr or another specific animal at CLIMATES-Rescue. During the weekends (and occasionally during weekdays), some of our animals attend events as ambassadors in our educational programs. If your heart is set on meeting a certain animal, call ahead first to make sure they will be home when you visit.
- Be aware that you will not be able to hold or pick up animals during your visit, even if you are considering adoption. Animals in our facility sometimes have special needs or specific temperaments, so the only people allowed to hold them are our trained keepers. However, you may be able to pet some of our animals. Your tour guide will instruct you how to do so safely.
- Bring the whole family! CLIMATES-Rescue tours are available for all ages. (All visitors under the age of 18 must be with a parent or guardian unless specific arrangements are made in advance.)
Backstage tours are always free, but we do accept cash donations. It costs $250+ per day to feed and house our animals, so every little bit helps. We also have a variety of items available for donors in our Bunny Hutch Boutique, including animal-made artwork and “sustainable swag.”
CLIMATES-Rescue and The Bunny Hutch is open Wednesday-Sunday until 6 PM and after hours by appointment. Check out our location and hours page for more details.