Summer Camp at The Bunny Hutch is an opportunity for kids to learn more about exotic animals and get a taste of what it is like to be a zookeeper. During this week-long camp, your child will…
- get hands-on experience cleaning cages, preparing diets, and doing animal enrichment
- play indoor and outdoor animal games
- do eco-friendly animal crafts
- learn about taking care of the environment8
- and more!
Here’s our 5-day schedule for each week:
- Day 1: Mammal Monday – Meet Jr, the largest bunny in the U.S. and all his mammal friends. What makes mammals different from other animals? How do we take care of furry friends? We’ll learn about cleaning cages, grooming, and more.
- Day 2: Turtle Tuesday – Get up close an personal with our herpatiles – turtles, lizards, snakes, and more. Learn exactly how we take care of these unique animals, who have special needs.
- Day 3: Wild Wednesday – Learn all about wildlife in Virginia and around the world, and what happens when they are orphaned or injured and end up in our rehab facility. How can we help wild animals stay wild?
- Day 4: Treats and Treatments Thursday – Spend the day learning all about diets and the special treats we give our animals for enrichment. We’ll also talk about treatments we give to help sick animals get healthy so they can find new homes.
- Day 5: Friendship Friday – During our final day of camp, we’ll spend more time with all of the new animal (and human) friends we met during the week. Campers will also team up for a scavenger hunt with fun prizes, and we’ll write and decorate letters to our local government encouraging them to better protect our animal friends.
The cost of $200 covers enrollment in our camp, plus and afternoon snack and water. Campers must be sent with a lunch every day (refrigeration not available except for medical needs) and must be dressed to get dirty! Close-toed shoes are required.
Camp runs every day from 9 AM to 4 PM, but we are happy to offer a FREE early drop-off and late pick up program. Campers can be dropped off anywhere from 8 AM – 9 AM and picked up anywhere from 4 PM – 6 PM. Campers dropped off before 8:30 AM may also bring breakfast. Campers dropped off after 8:30 AM must eat breakfast before arriving.
Enroll today! We only have 12 spots available for each week of camp, and when they’re gone, they’re gone. Payment must be made in full at the time of registration; we cannot hold spots.
Week 1 – Campers age 6-8 or entering K – 2nd grade
(all campers must be at least 6 years old on the first day of camp)
Cost: $200 per camper
July 10 – 14, 2017
Week 2 – Campers age 8-11 or entering 3rd – 5th grade
(all campers must be under 12 years old on the first day of camp)
Cost: $200 per camper
July 17 – 21, 2017