CLIMATES-Rescue and The Bunny Hutch Boutique is located in Virginia Beach. Our indoor event space is perfect for birthday parties, reunions, scout meetings, homeschool events, business luncheons, and more. When you book your event at CLIMATES-Rescue, you’ll give them an unforgettable experience!
On the day of your event, we’ll give your guests a full tour so they get a backstage look at exactly how our zookeepers take care of all the furry, scaly, and feathered residents. We can also do educational programming during your event, including a visit from the largest bunny in the United States, Jr., and our other exotic animals.
Our snow cone maker and popcorn machine are also a big hit at most events.
Special Event Room Pricing:
When you book our special events room, you have access to the space for 3 hours, including set-up time. Your guests all get a free tour of the facility during the event (approximately 30 minutes), and can re-visit any areas of the facility during the rest of your booking time to spend more time with specific animals or watch zookeepers work.
We can create a sign outside at your request with 3-5 words, which is always a fun option for the person celebrating. (Examples: “Happy Birthday Emma” or “Happy 20th Anniversary”)
Folding chairs and tables are provided for all events. Animal artwork decorates the walls. Our tables are covered with paper and crayons are provided so kids can doodle on them.
Coffee and water are included.
Our special events room can comfortably accommodate up to 24 people.
- Book the room, weekdays: $325 (choice of 10AM-1PM or 2PM-5PM)
- Book the room, weekends: $375 (choice of 10AM-1PM or 2PM-5PM)
- Book the room after hours: $425 (6PM-9PM)
- Book the room for a sleepover with our snooze programming (6 PM to 9 AM): call for pricing
- Guided Facility Tours: FREE
- Educational program (30-60 minutes): $75
- Scavenger Hunt/Escape Room: $75
- Art Project (Sustainable Swag): $15 per participant*
- Popcorn Bar: $1 per person
- Snowcones: $2 per person
- Balloons: $1 each
- Cards with Animal Artwork (can be used for invitations or thank you cards): $2 each
- Sustainable Swag Gift Bags: starting at $10 each
- Birthday bag for the birthday boy/girl: starting at $25
Prices are subject to change! Learn more today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The sustainbale swag art project is subject to availability. Participants use food coloring to paint reptile shed, which is then sealed in acrylic to create your choice of magnets or pins. Because the acrylic needs to cure, you must make arrangements to pick up your art 2 weeks following the party. Alternatively, you can do the art project and take home a magnet or pin that has been made previously. This is a good option if you want to take home the project same-day.
Book the room for a sleepover with our snooze programming (6 PM to 9 AM): call for pricing
Special Event Room Rules:
- You may bring your own tablecloths and other decorations for your event, as long as they are pre-approved. No tape, nails, pushpins, etc may be used to hang items, but you can use the nails already in the walls and tape items to the tables.
- No glitter, confetti, or other small items that fall on the ground and cannot be easily picked up following the event.
- Anyone under 15 years old must be with an adult in all areas of our facility at all times. Please maintain a 10:1 child to adult ratio (more adults are recommended for younger children).
- Absolutely no smoking in our facility or outside on our grounds. Smoking is only permitted if you walk out to the street, and all butts must be disposed of properly. Many of our animals spend time outside, and smoke/cigarette butts can be extremely detrimental to their health. It can even be fatal.
- A member of The Bunny Hutch staff will be present in the special events room at all times to assist you and answer questions.
- No alcohol unless otherwise discussed.
- No outside animals/pets unless otherwise discussed.
- Please park in the small lot directly in front of our rescue or on the street only. Do not park in our neighbor’s lot or block any driveways/lots on the street.