We are always looking for helping hands here at CLIMATES-Rescue! Here’s what you need to know about being a volunteer or intern at our facility:
- We are a facility that runs like a zoo, so this is a huge educational opportunity if you are interested in working with animals as a career. Our volunteers learn all about proper animal care and handling, as well as get first hand experience learning how a rescue rehabilitates animals and finds forever homes for them.
- Our application process is selective. We do appreciate everyone who wants to help, but for the sake of our animals, we have to ensure that our volunteers and interns are physically able to provide safe care for our animals.
- Taking care of our animals is a lot of work! We don’t “play” with animals all day. 🙂 As a volunteer, you should be prepared to clean cages, sweep and mop, wash dishes, prepare food, and talk to visitors. Some days, you may not get to handle the animals at all.
- You must be able to lift 50 pounds and drag 100 pounds to volunteer with the animals, since we have to move enclosures and large animals daily. If you cannot, we might be able to use your help with administrative and marketing work, but these positions are limited.
- We have a limited number of internship positions available, and most of the time we promote one of our loyal volunteers. Apply to be a volunteer first if you want an internship.
- We do working interviews with all qualified applicants. If selected, you will come in for a shift and work alongside one of our experienced volunteers, interns, or staff members. Wear old clothes and be prepared to work!
- Are you interested in volunteering with your entire family or with a group? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.